Privacy NoticeLast updated: 26/05/2022
This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) explains the ways in which any personal information we collect from or about you will be processed by or on behalf of DAZN Limited (“DAZN”, “we”, “us”, “our”). It applies to personal information collected in connection with your use of DAZN For Business (the “Service”). We are a member of a group of companies controlled by DAZN Group Limited (“DAZN Group”).
- WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
DAZN is responsible and is the Controller of how and why your personal information is collected and processed when you make use of it’s Service. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom (“ICO”) (registration number ZA253941) as a data controller. Our registered office is at 12 Hammersmith Grove, London, W6 7AP, United Kingdom.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
DAZN may receive, store, use and share personal information that has been provided to us when registering for, buying or otherwise using the Service. Examples of information you may give us include:
- account information such as name, email address, telephone number and business address & postcode;
- customer service information you provide to our customer service teams;
- any feedback and/or survey information you choose to provide;
- credit reference agencies search information;
- information that we are required by law to collect and process and that we need for your authentication or identification, or for the verification of the information we collect; and
- personal information you otherwise provide to us through our Services or elsewhere.
We do not collect any “special categories” of personal information about you (such as details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic or biometric information).
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive, store, use and share personal information about you from other sources to the extent permitted by applicable law. Examples include:
- information from third party resellers;
- information from opensource databases; or
- information from other members of the DAZN Group.
We may combine this personal information with personal information with information we receive from these other sources. Where personal information is transferred to us from third parties, we take steps to verify that these third parties are legally permitted to disclose your personal information to us.
- USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We and other companies within the DAZN Group may use your personal information in the following ways:
To meet our contractual obligations
For the most part we will process limited personal information required to meet our contractual obligations to you and your establishment and to provide you with the services that we have agreed. These may include:
- sending you streaming equipment and other peripherals as requested;
- setting up and maintaining your DAZN account;
- providing customer support and assistance when it is requested;
- notify you of any changes to our operations, such as an update to your terms and conditions;
- providing you, or your account holder, with billing or other service-related information that are required for the administration of your account.
To comply with a legal obligation
In some cases, DAZN may be obligated to process your personal information to comply with a law or regulatory requirement. This may include:
- complying with any legal or regulatory requirements, complying with the direction of any regulatory or other competent authority;
- helping to prevent and detect crime, for example the prevention and detection of fraud and money laundering.
Where there is a legitimate interest
DAZN may also process your personal information where it is necessary for us to pursue DAZN Group’s legitimate interests, but only where those legitimate interests do not override your fundamental rights. For example, we may process your personal information:
- to monitor and improve the information security of the Service. This is necessary to keep our Service secure and to mitigate the risk of security breaches;
- to prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud, or other unlawful or harmful activities;
- to improve and enhance the quality of our Service and to identify and fix issues. This is necessary to keep the Service running smoothly and helps to optimise the user experience;
- to better understand how our Service is being used. This allows us to make informed decisions on future developments and content strategy in line with our users’ expectations;
- to send you service information relating to the Service such as newsletters or maintenance information.
Additionally, at the time when your personal information was collected, we may have asked you to indicate your marketing preferences. We may use your personal information to offer you suggestions about products and services you might want to buy. We may use external companies to do this on our behalf.
If you have chosen not to opt out of marketing from the DAZN Group we may send you information about our products and services by email, post, telephone or SMS unless you tell us not to. If your information has been provided to us by a third party for marketing purposes, we will rely on the consent you have provided to them to allow us to send marketing to you.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information and other information as set out below. Where we disclose your personal information to third parties, we require them to respect the security of your personal information, to treat in in accordance with applicable law, and to use it only for specified and authorised purposes.
DAZN Group entities: We share your personal information to members of the DAZN Group as required for the purposes of IT and system administration.
Our service providers: We disclose your information to third party service providers authorised by us and acting on our behalf to operate particular functions of the Service, including but not limited to account set up, identity verification and authentication, user support, user relationship management, data management platform services, payment processing and related services, content delivery and play back, marketing, advertising, data analysis, market and audience research, beta testing and surveys.
We have agreements in place with these third-party service providers to ensure that they keep your information secure, and that they only process it in accordance with our instructions and as necessary to perform authorised purposes necessary for the relevant part of our Service to operate (and for no other purpose).
Business transfers and transactions: In the event of any reorganisation, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets, we will transfer information, including your personal information, provided that the receiving party agrees to treat your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice.
Fraud prevention: In order to detect, investigate and prevent fraud, money laundering and other harmful or unlawful activities, we may disclose your personal information and information to third parties including, but not limited to, any relevant regulator, financial institutions and law enforcement agencies or any other body that deals with the investigation of alleged offences or unlawful activities.
Other lawful reasons: We may share your personal information and other information with third parties where we are under a duty to, or reasonably believe that we need to so.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Personal information and information that we collect, and process is transferred, stored and processed between any of the countries in which we or the DAZN Group operates. This may involve transferring your personal information outside of the UK or the European Economic Area (“EEA”), for example to the United States, Canada and Japan. In addition, where we disclose your personal information to third parties, some of these third parties may have operations outside the UK or the EEA.
In these circumstances, we will put in place agreements that mandate a similar level of protection is applied to your personal information to that which we apply ourselves. Our agreements may include standard terms provided by the EU called EU Model Clauses or may require the other party to be signed up to government standards that are recognised as providing the right level of protection.
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will retain your information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes it was collected. In most cases this means we will retain it for up to 7 years from the end of your relationship with us, because this is necessary to satisfy our legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information. Where possible we only keep information for the minimum period for which is required and will seek to anonymise any information that is not needed in its original form. Anonymised data may be held for an extended period of time for statistical and analytical purposes.
- YOUR RIGHTS
Any personal information about you will be treated in accordance with applicable laws. Depending on where you are, you may have rights to available to you in respect of the personal information we hold , which could include the right:
- to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- to tell us you no longer agree to, that you object to, or that you wish to restrict us using information about you and ask us to stop;
- to ask us to correct information about you that is wrong or incomplete;
- to ask us to delete personal information about you. Please note that we are not required to erase information if we still need it for the purposes for which it was collected or processed, including to maintain records after cancellation or expiry of your policy, or where we have other legal grounds for processing your information;
- to ask us to review automated decisions made about you;
- to request transfer of your personal information to another organisation.
In other cases, if we stop using your personal information, we will not be able to provide all or parts of the Service to you.
We will tell you if we are unable to comply with your request, or how your request might impact you, when you contact us.
To exercise a right under applicable law please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.orgWe may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity, to ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other available rights) and otherwise to assist us in complying with and responding to your request.
ICO website: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
ICO telephone: 0303 123 1113
ICO textphone: 01625 545860
- deliver the Service;
- better understand how you interact with the Service;
- customise, measure and improve your experience of the Service;
- conduct research and diagnostics;
- prevent fraudulent and otherwise unlawful activities;
- improve information security;
- technically deliver ads on the Service;
- combat ad fraud and abuse, prevent you seeing the same ad repeatedly and for aggregated ad reporting.
What types of cookies do we use? We use the following categories of cookies and similar technologies on the Service:
- Strictly necessary or ‘essential': These cookies and similar technologies are necessary for the operation of the Service. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your cookie preferences, logging in, or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of our Service will not then work. They do not store any personal information.
- Performance: These optional cookies and similar technologies enable us to measure and improve our Service by collecting, analysing and reporting information on how you and others use it. They help us to improve the way our Services work for the benefit of all users. For example, Google Analytics helps us to understand how users arrive at our Service, and how they browse, use and interact with our Service (including which pages and content are the most and least popular). These cookies and similar technologies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you or anyone else. If you disable these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our Service and we won’t be able to properly monitor its performance for you.
- Functional: These optional cookies and similar technologies help us to provide enhanced functionality and content personalisation on our Service. For example, they help us to recognise you when you return to our Service, to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences e.g. your choice of language. They do not track your browsing activity on third party websites. If you disable these cookies, our enhanced functionality and content personalisation may not function properly.
- Targeting: These optional cookies and similar technologies are set through our Service by our advertising partners to improve your ad experience on other sites/apps. They are used by such partners to build a profile of your interests to show you more relevant and personalised marketing communications on other sites/apps, to measure the effectiveness of these marketing communications, and to prevent you from seeing the same ones repeatedly. These cookies and similar technologies do not store personal information that directly identifies you, but instead use a unique identifier to identify your browser or device (e.g. your IP address, MAID or IFA). If you disable these cookies, you will still see marketing communications and ads on other sites/apps, but they will not be as relevant to your interests. We will continue to personalise your experience on our Service through cookies you have not disabled.
To exercise choice regarding cookies
For more information about the types of cookies set through our website and to exercise choices regarding them, click here.